[Yaesu] RX Antenna

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] RX Antenna
From: jayk@bits.fc.hp.com (Jay Kesterson K0GU)
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 07:13:21 -0700 (MST)
> Yes, you will probably damage the unprotected front end of your radio.  I
> use a 1000D, and have 4 beverages for dxing.

I had an interesting experience on 160m with my FT-1000D. I was calling
someone in South America when a local on the DXcluster informed me I had
chirp on my signal. After a lot of experimenting, and a little blind luck,
I discovered I only had the problem when receiving on the S.A. beverage.
That beverage was only 60 feet from the shunt fed tower. All other beverages
were much farther away from the xmit antenna. I never blew anything up but
RF was getting back into the rig via the beverage and causing the problem.

73, Jay  K0GU  DN70mq          jayk@fc.hp.com