[Yaesu] FT50 & battery drainage

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT50 & battery drainage
From: vk3alm@c031.aone.net.au (Adam Maurer)
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 09:37:17 +1100
A common problem that annoys most !
Remember, there is no real power on/off switch, and only a software switch.
This means the CPU is alive all the time, but I would expect that it should
only draw uAs whilst in sleep mode.

Perhaps the only advantage is that our NiCads are being fully cycled.
It is a pain when you go to use it and the thing is dead though.
You need to remember to charge it the night before.

A friend of mine is getting jacked off with his 50 that he removes the battery
from the radio.
This will test to see if its the 50 draining the battery whilst "off" or
whether its just a crappy battery.

Adam

Adam Maurer, VK3ALM
Melbourne QF22oa