[Yaesu] Yaesu FT-920 opinion please

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Yaesu FT-920 opinion please
From: George@QNQ.Com (George Gleim)
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 22:44:37 -0700
Greetings,

I'd like to pose a question for those of you who may have and/or used
the Yaesu FT-902DM and also have experiance with the newer FT-920.

My most capable station currently consists of a Yaesu FT-902DM, FV-101Z
External VFO, YO-901 MultiScope (with the bandscope option), YC-902
Antenna Tuner, and SP-901 speaker.  The transceiver has all xtal filters
and all equipment is in exceptional shape.

The question is what significant benefits will I notice between my
current station and a new FT-920?  And, to be fair, what will I miss if
the 902DM goes away?

Let's also say, for the sake of argument, that my current station is
worth somewhat less than half that of a new FT-920.  Is the FT-920 more
than twice the radio?

Perhaps I should state that 6-meter operation is not of interest (unless
it should be...?)

Thanks very much in advance for your thoughts.  Please feel free to
email direct or post on the reflector if many can benefit.

George