[Yaesu] FT920

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT920
From: k8js@juno.com (John P Skubick)
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 23:38:59 -0400
Interesting comment from an ICOM owner, eh?
My own experiances with ICOM have been not too good over the years.
When they work, they work well. When they "break", notice I said "when"
not "if", when they malfunction then it's an expensive
proposition to get them fixed.  I have had three ICOM rigs.  And, all
malfunctioned.
Admittantly, most ICOM owners seem to be satisfied with their rigs.
Perhaps I "lucked-out" and had purchased 3 brand new "lemons"?  Who
knows!

For the last 20 years or so, I have possesed several Yeasu rigs.
Virtually none of them malfunctioned, and I never felt any need to have
them electronically modified.
My 1000 MP is nearing one year old, so far so good.  I love it as it is;
it functions well as is expected.

73.  --John, K8JS

On Mon, 18 May 1998 13:50:31 EDT DJ2001 <DJ2001@aol.com> writes:
>Buy an Icom, the MP's have to be "mod'ed" all the time and they always
>seem to
>have new "bugs" and problems.  If I were you I wouldent buy one (MP),
>especally a used one because of all the mods and dinking around that
>has been
>going on.
>
>dj
>
>--
>FAQ on WWW:               http://www.qsl.net/k7on/yaesu.html
>Submissions:              yaesu@contesting.com
>Administrative requests:  yaesu-REQUEST@contesting.com
>Problems:                 owner-yaesu@contesting.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]