[Yaesu] FT920

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT920
From: w4zw@home.com (Jon, W4ZW)
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 12:54:02 -0400
Interesting comments about Yaesu vs. Icom.  I have owned both in several
models and still have the Yaesu FT-1000D and FT-1000MP and also the ICOM 756
and the 706 here in Florida.  My experience has been the opposite.    My
FT-1000D has been in for service twice in 4 years and the MP once.  I've
never had an ICOM fail (had IC-736, IC-775DSP, IC-706, and IC-756.)

One of the best ICOM rigs I've used was the IC-736.  Great for a
take-with-you contest rig.  Small, self-contained, and great in a QRO
environment.  (The only rig that was consistently useable 1km from RU3A
while I lived in Moscow.)

Jon, W4ZW
Casey key Island, Florida