[Yaesu] Tale of Woes?

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Tale of Woes?
From: baycock@hiwaay.net (Bill Aycock)
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 19:52:10 -0500
I have two observations to make about Yaesu- (other than the fact I own
some, happily)

1. The worst thing I know about Yaesu is that the hats they give away at
Hamfests are the MOST AWFULL colors!

2. I noted in todays postings on another reflector- a used FT 530 (HT)
selling for more than I paid for mine, new, over two years ago.  This has
to say something about the percieved quality of the equipment.

Bill- who has nothing against Kenwood or Icom (both of which he has owned)
or Ten-Tec, (which he wishes he had, also)
W4BSG

At 02:49 PM 5/30/98 -0400, you wrote: *** in part- (I snipped some) ***

>I beleive that these reflectors & other discussion groups for specific
>equipment
>tend to bring out the worst for their repective equipment.
>
>Think about it, regardless of who owns whatever brand of Ham rigs,
>it's mostly the relative unfortunate few owners of the faulty, "buggy"
>equipment that need to expose their woes for help.
>
>**After all, if one's rig is doing OK, then the tendancy is not to
>mention this fact.**

Bill Aycock   ---   Persimmon Hill
 Woodville, Alabama, US 35776
 (in the N.E. corner of the State)