[Yaesu] FT-51R cloning after MARS/CAP mod?

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-51R cloning after MARS/CAP mod?
From: KF0FX@aol.com (KF0FX@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 10:00:14 EDT
In a message dated 6/6/98 12:27:26 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
rakowski@gis.usu.edu writes:

<< Hi folks.  Just wondering if anyone has experienced problems cloning
 between FT-51R HTs after doing the MARS/CAP mod?  I just mod'd one of
 my FT-51Rs, and had saved it's contents into another beforehand so I
 wouldn't have to enter all the frequencies and labels again.  Well, the
 mod seems to behave fine, but when I try to clone the data back into
 the radio, I get "CLONE ERR" on the radio, and it will NOT accept the
 data.

This may not work Andrew.  When you clone, data in addition to the channels is
transmitted.  This data includes stuff like the hardware configuration of the
radio.  I would suspect that when you clone, you need two radios with the same
configuration.  The ADMS software requires you to create a template of each
radio you program.  This template contains the radio-specific information.  If
you alter the radio, you need a new template.  This template is combined with
the modified channel information and is then sent to the radio as if the PC
were another radio in the clone mode.

73's
Chris, KF0FX
KF0FX@aol.com