[Yaesu] FT-51R cloning after MARS/CAP mod?

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-51R cloning after MARS/CAP mod?
From: kc7ozs@gis.usu.edu (Andrew Rakowski, KC7OZS)
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 13:25:24 -0600
Re: problems cloning from unmod'd FT-51R to mod'd FT-51R...

As Chris and others have already mentioned, the radios must be
identically configured (hardware modification wise) for the clone
function to operate.  So, if you mod one radio, you need to mod them
both or you will no longer be able to clone between them.

In my case, another local ham has the ADMS-1D software and cable, so I
was able to try it, and after creating the correct "template" for each
radio (and selecting that template during the "send to radio" dialog),
I was able to use the ADMS software to retrieve the settings from one
radio and transfer them to the mod'd one.

Now, if Yaesu would only convince RT Systems (the software developer
apparently) to add "shortcut-keys" to all the various fields that can
be set for each memory channel or option, it would be perfect.

In any case, looks like I'll buy the ADMS-1 software, as it is a better
way to program these radios then the old keypad and dial!

73 de Andrew, KC7OZS  [Logan, Utah  USA]