[Yaesu] Which FT1000 model to buy?

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Which FT1000 model to buy?
From: AA4NC@aol.com (AA4NC@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 09:57:55 EDT
I know this has been covered in detail somewhere, but my archive search didn't
turn much up. I want to get an FT1000 model, but am unsure whether to go with
an FT1000/D or the 1000MP. I like some features of both radios, but neither is
a clear winner when I compare them.

If you owners would care to share your thoughts (especially those that do or
have owned both), I would appreciate it. I have been a happy FT990 owner for
years, and plan to keep the 990 as well.

My main interest is contesting, and some more important features to me are:
an effective noise blanker (especially for 60 Hz line noise)
power output of 120 watts for amplifier drive (will the MP do this?)
good filtering and phase noise performance

Thanks,

Will