[Yaesu] 817 or FT 100D

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] 817 or FT 100D
From: kz2g@optonline.net (KZ2G)
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 07:29:05 -0500
GET THE FT-100D!!!  I had the 817, great rig, but frustrating at only 2.5 or
5 watts.  i sold mine, got the ft-100d and can talk to anyone i hear.  from
my van with it at 50 watts and a pro-am 20-mtr whip i've talked to Russia,
etc.  The ft-100d is my choice.  and u can easily set it anywhere from 0-100
watts, and have different power settings on hf, vhf, uhf.  i have my vhf set
at 20 watts, since i am close to my local repeater.  get the ft-100D.  it's
not that much bigger than the 817, maybe an inch thicker.  u'll love it.

Bob, KZ2G
        Omni 6 Plus & FT-100D, C U on CW!
        See my Ham web at www.geocities.com/ram9872002/kz2g.htm