[Yaesu] VL-1000

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] VL-1000
From: aa4nu@ix.netcom.com (Billy Cox)
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 16:24:14 -0600
>If you have a VL-1000 or have had one please send me your thoughts, >ideas,
and recommendations on this solid state HF amplifier.

QST just did a review of the VL-1000 ... two points of concern, one is
that it does not "auto tune", you have to manually hit a button to QSY
the amp ... and NOT mentioned in the QST article is the fact that the
MRF-150 final transistors ... are no longer available !  Those two
pieces of data took the VL-1000 OFF my short list.

73 Billy AA4NU