[Yaesu] VL-1000

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] VL-1000
From: aa4nu@ix.netcom.com (Billy Cox)
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 17:10:29 -0600
Hi Guy,

> This is only with no Yaesu TRX or when Banddatacable is not connected
> I saw tests when connected to a FT1000mp where it wkd just fine.

That's not what the article stated (page 76) and he was using a
FT-1000D ... "Although the Quadra tracks the band selections
from my FT-1000D, it doesn't track the frequency changes within
the band. For example, if I am on 14.025 and switch to 14.250,
the frequency display on the Quadra doesn't change and the tuner
settings don't change to the right ones for phone".

The MP and -D use the same band data/etc ...

"To change frequency, you set your transceiver to RTTY, or another
carrier mode and press the F-SET switch. If you have the BAND
DATA 2 cable hooked up as shown in the manual, the Quadra keys
the PTT on your transceiver. If not, you need to press the F-SET
switch and then put your transceiver into transmit."

Sorry, that's not "auto tune" ...

>> the amp ... and NOT mentioned in the QST article is the fact that the
>> MRF-150 final transistors ... are no longer available !  Those two
>> pieces of data took the VL-1000 OFF my short list.
>
> How much MRF-150 do you need ?

The question remains ... "how long" will ANY MRF-150's be
available ? I am sure there is stock in some places 'today',
but the unit has not been produced for over a year now ... so ?

73 Billy AA4NU