[Yaesu] FT-1000MP display gone

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000MP display gone
From: esa.p.korhonen@nokia.com (esa.p.korhonen@nokia.com)
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 11:22:24 -0500
Howdy,

I had the same problem with my MarkV....fresh out of the box and the display
died after 30 minutes of use. Don't know if MP and MkV share the same circuit,
but at least the MkV has an own power converter circuit for the display. It is
protected by a thermal fuse, which was blown in my case. These a rumor Yaesu
had a bad batch of those fuses and did not realize it before a good number of
radios started failing after some time of usage.

The fuse is a leaded part and fairly easy to replace.

73, Esa w5/oh7wv