[Yaesu] ft101zd

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] ft101zd
From: wa.tworsx@verizon.net (Vince)
Date: Sat Feb 8 17:30:22 2003
Bob:

Yes, there is a potential destruction of your final tubes and harmonic
radiation if the Plate Load circuit is not properly resonated/tuned.
Detunning of the Grid is just as dangerous to the rig.

Setup should be accomplished w/o VOX; use PTT or MOX when setting the
audio levels.

Does your home brewed interface include a voltage divider for the snd
crd audio level?  A 100 to 1 ratio is probably best.  The microphone
input stage in a radio is expecting in the order of 200 millivolts. Snd
crds put out a much higher level.  Run PSK w/o ALC deflection.  Do not
use a speech compressor with any snd crd mode. No  Clarifier / RIT,
also.

Good luck.
73 de ~ Vince ~
WA2RSX   IOTA   NA-026