[Yaesu] FT-990 again...

To: <Yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-990 again...
From: "Osten B Magnusson" <sm5dqc@algonet.se>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 15:50:54 +0200

Regarding my question yesterday about FT-990 giving only 10 watts on 160 meters
I got the reply below from ON5MF, anyone who knows how to get back to 100 watts
again? Can't find anything with goggle-search.

73/DX de Osten SM5DQC     sm5dqc@algonet.se

>From ON5MF:

Hi Osten,

I don't think there is anything wrong with it.

When I bought mine (in 1995) it delivered 100W on 160m.  At that time
regulations in Belgium only allowed us to use 10W so my dealer modified
it so I could use it legally.

Now regulations have changed to allow us more power on 160 also but I
have never looked into it to get it back to 100W (I have no antennas for
160...).

I guess the modification for this must be on the internet somewhere?

73

Jo ON5MF