Re: [Yaesu] FT1000D Last Production

To: "Vince" <wa.tworsx@verizon.net>, <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT1000D Last Production
From: "Cecil Acuff" <chacuff@cableone.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 08:45:45 -0500
Well since we have not been able to buy an FT-1000D, for several years from
any source, I think it's a good bet they have actually ceased production.
Unless of course the military has started buying all available production
units of the "D" model....which I would have a hard time believing unless I
got that from several reliable sources....:-)

Most of the parts are fairly common items and the radio is probably one of
the last of the really field repairable radio's Yaesu made.  The really
unique parts may become a problem...like drive motors for the antenna
tuners, fan motors etc....and who knows they may be the same parts used in
the later MP's and MKV's meaning they are still available for several more
years.

The radio has proven to be so reliable I expect it to be fine for many years
to come barring a lightning strike of course....

Cecil....