Re: [Yaesu] Yaesu Warranty on Used FT-897D?

To: FT897@yahoogroups.com, yaesu@mailman.qth.net,Yaesu Reflector <yaesu@contesting.com>,Amateur-repairs@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] Yaesu Warranty on Used FT-897D?
From: kd4e <kd4e@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 16:50:33 +0800
 >>> Anyone know if Yaesu will honor the warranty on
 >>> a FT-897D if it is now owned by someone other than
 >>> the original buyer?
 >>  Sorry, no. The warranty states that the "Limited
 >> Warranty extends only to the original retail purchaser..."
 >> 73, Dan KE7HLR Reno, NV
 > Alan Rabin wrote:
> I personally have never seen Vetex Standard deny a warranty
> claim on any unit that based on the serial # should be under
> warranty. I am a LMR dealer but I don't expect anything less
> from the "yaesu" division..Alan

OK, now I am confused, perhaps because Yaesu has not clarified
this in any public forum (esp. not on their Web page).

Does anyone know of a clear statement from Yaesu as to their
policy re. rigs re-sold during a valid warranty period?

Sure would be valuable to many to know.  Is this one of
those unfortunate "secret warranty" things common across
multiple industries that saves companies money on unmet
warranty obligations yet allows special treatment for the
most noisy and/or favored customers?

--

Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e
http://bibleseven.com