[Yaesu] FT990 Issues

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT990 Issues
From: "Robert Pack, NX5M" <nx5m@txcyber.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 17:45:50 -0600
A friend of mine is having trouble with his 990.
Seems to be a frequency display problem vs the actual frequency.
We met on 28505.00 a while ago but he said that is radio was showing 28504.5.
He also told me that on cw, it was doing the same thing so we checked on a dx
station in the CQWW contest that was on 28027.1.  His display showed 28026.6.
Also during our ssb conversation I noticed that his frequency changed a bit.

Any clues what could be causing this?
I will forward any valuable information to him.

Thanks.