Re: [Yaesu] FT990 Issues

To: "Robert Pack, NX5M" <nx5m@txcyber.com>, <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT990 Issues
From: Peter Sundberg <sm2cew@telia.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 17:07:53 +0000
Robert,

The service manual says that the reference frequency, measured on pin 1 of
J4003, should be 10.48576 MHz +/-5Hz.

This is set with trimmer TC4001 (or TCXO-2 trimmer if that board is
installed). Reference to where this board is located can be found in the
FT990 user manual, last page.

Could be that this reference fq is off as the error is evident on both on
cw and ssb.

73/GL de Peter SM2CEW
www.sm2cew.com

At 23:45 2006-11-26 , Robert Pack, NX5M wrote:
>A friend of mine is having trouble with his 990.
>Seems to be a frequency display problem vs the actual frequency.
>We met on 28505.00 a while ago but he said that is radio was showing 28504.5.
>He also told me that on cw, it was doing the same thing so we checked on a
dx station in the CQWW contest that was on 28027.1.  His display showed
28026.6.