[Yaesu] FT-1000D/Alpha 99 problem

To: Yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000D/Alpha 99 problem
From: Donanpatti@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 14:50:14 EDT
Gentlemen: I am driving an Alpha 99 with my FT1000D. Tha antenna is a
Carolina Windom fed with RG8U through an Ameritron ATR-30. In recent days this
problem has shown up on 80 meters ONLY. As I increase drive power, the Alpha
output increases as it should. But as I approach the 500 watt or higher output
level, turning off the drive(zero drive), the amplifier continues to indicate
high power output as evidenced by the output power LED's and the familiar sound
 of load on the Alpha power transformer. And when the drive is cut off,
there is a significant time lag before the Alpha power output drops to zero.
Station ground hookup has not changed. The ground consists of 1/2 inch copper
pipe directly through the wall to a 10 foot copper ground
All equipment connects to the pipe via battery clips. All comments will be
appreciated. 73 Don W8WOJ