Re: [Yaesu] Contesting on the FT920

To: <YaesuFT920@yahoogroups.com>, <Yaesu@contesting.com>,<yaesu@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] Contesting on the FT920
From: "Mike Brown" <k9mi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 04:03:13 -0000
John,
The club has a 920 and it was used in Field Day and the receiver was not up
to par with the Kenwood 850. It seems to be a nice rig, but it didn't seem
to handle the qrm very well. Inrad has a mod that puts a crystal filter in
the 920. That may help the problem. I would not call the 920 a bad rig at
all, but it is not a 1000 MP. I can't comment on the 2000 MP as I have yet
to use one. For contesting, I still prefer a rig with at least some crystal
filters in it. Just my opinion though.

73, Mike K9MI