Re: [Yaesu] FT990 spares ROM v1.3 :)

To: Chris Parnell <cparnell1001@mac.com>, <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT990 spares ROM v1.3 :)
From: Pat Barthelow <aa6eg@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 07:11:56 -0800

Does anyone know how to identify exactly which ROM-Ware one has in an FT-990?
Can you interrogate it via serial control?   N6IJ has a privately owned FT-990
(owned by AE0M), and has used it extensively with Rig Control Software,
Writelog.
If it has the right version of Firmware/ROMware, is the ROM a standard type of
ROM, such as Intel's line of 27128 or 27256, that could be easily and safely
duplicated?
Its rig control is via standard serial port, and there is a Yaesu made box that
converts voltage levels between the radio and standard + - 12 v RS 232 levels.

All the Best, 73,
Pat Barthelow     aa6eg@hotmail.com
http://www.jamesburgdish.org
Subscribe: http://bambi.net/jamesburg.html
Jamesburg Earth Station  Moon Bounce Team