Re: [Yaesu] FT-1000 internal speaker stops working and constant tone inr

To: "Dick Zseltvay" <dickzs@comcast.net>, <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT-1000 internal speaker stops working and constant tone inreceiver audio
From: "William Liporace - WC2L" <wc2l@wc2l.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 06:41:10 -0500
The continual tone is more than likely the spot button next to the speed
control for CW keyer. Make sure that the button is not pushed in. It is real
easy to do. I have done it a few times.

There is a relay inside the radio. If you are hearing it chatter. you should
see the radio going from TX to RX.If you do not see that, not sure. There
could be some thing else. I have not gotten into the digital modes yet, some
thing that I will more than likely do eventually.

When I get frustrated with the radio here is what I do....
Unplug every thing from the radio. Add just the power & coax. Go through it
all and make sure that things are normal. 90% of the time there is some
thing. Add the CAT interface for computer control. Then I check the audio
connections, one at a time. Also make sure that you are using the proper
connector to the proper jack. I always forget which are stereo and what are
mono.

Hope that helps!
73 Will WC2L