Re: [Yaesu] Increasing FT1000MP Transverter output

To: "Ross" <rbiggar@ihug.co.nz>, <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] Increasing FT1000MP Transverter output
From: "David J Windisch" <davidjw@cinci.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 03:36:50 -0400
I still have some old Drake TR7 pre-driver boards, which have around 20 dB
gain up nearly to 6M.  They will produce around 1V p-p into 50 ohms, powered
with 12V.  Dunno what shipping to NZed would be, but you're welcome to one
for that amount in US funds.  Figure 10 oz or so weight, mostly box/packing.
Used some of them as pre-amps for rcvg loops on low h-f cuz they have high
dynamic range and low noise.
73 Dave W8FGX