[Yaesu] Plasma TV interference??

To: ft857@yahoogroups.com, ft-857@yahoogroups.com, yaesu@mailman.qth.net, yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: [Yaesu] Plasma TV interference??
From: John Geiger <aa5jg@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 18:41:24 -0700 (PDT)
I was trying to run the Illinois QSO party today and 40m was getting clobbered
by something causing an S9 noise level.  I wonder if it is a plasma TV in the
area.  Does anyone on the list have experience with this type of RFI?  The
interference I had was a buzzing/hash type noise that covered about 40khz of
bandwidth.  It would occassionally disappear for a few seconds and then come
back.  The 40khz of bandwidth that it did cover would move up or down the band
slightly across time.  Does this sound like plasma TV RFI, or does anyone have
an idea of what could be causing a noise like this?

The noise blanker on my Yaesu FT857D didn't do anything on this noise, and for
a little while a S9 clicking noise showed up that the noise blanker did nothing
on either.  Kind of a disappointing NB in the FT857, I will have to say.

73s John AA5JG