Re: [Yaesu] Coupling the FT2000 to a notebook computer

To: Leland Vandervort <g0szp@g0szp.net>, Yaesu List <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] Coupling the FT2000 to a notebook computer
From: Claude Frantz <ClaudeFrantzX665@lavabit.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 09:00:19 +0100
On 03/16/2010 07:51 AM, Leland Vandervort wrote:

> The RTTY interfaces often tend to be very low impedence and risk overloading
> by plugging a sound card audio output directly to it.
>
> There is a useful schematic at the link below for interfacing a sound card to
> the mic or aux input, and includes RS232 control of the PTT.
>
> Shopping list consists of a 470ohm, 8ohm, and 4.7ohm resistor, a diode, and
> an NPN transistor.
>

> http://www.iw5edi.com/ham-radio-reference/sound-card-interfacing-for-rtty-psk31-and-sstv

Many thanks for this information.

I asked because the level and impedance of the signals on the RTTY jack
of the FT2000, according to the manual, are different of the ones
usually encountred at the speaker output or the mike input jack of usual
xcvr's. In my opinion, they should be suitable for a direct connection
in many cases. But I'm not sure.

Best 73 es thanks a lot !

Claude