Re: [Yaesu] life of the FT-1000d going forward

To: chacuff@cableone.net
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] life of the FT-1000d going forward
From: Richard Gustaf Erickson <rgus63@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 07:24:33 -0800
The only problem I have had with mine has been the power supply.  I had to send
it in twice early on, but since then no trouble.

My favorite feature is the ability to put on my headphones and dial in on a
signal with one receiving circuit in one ear and the other receiving circuit in
the other.  When trying to get a DX contact that is down in the noise into my
log, that feature has completed the task for me so many times.

The question I always ask when trying to get a recommendation on buy or no buy
. . he kind of thing people are uncomfortable in offering because they do not
want the responsibility is, "Would you buy this for yourself?"

Before I purchased mine, I email the gentleman tag W1AW who had won the DX
contest that year.  I asked him what he was using, It was this radio. He was
extremely hesitant to make a recommendation so I asked him if he were going to
get a new radio, would it be this one or one of the others on the market. That
he would answer, and he said he would choose the Mark V.  We were talking about
new rigs at the time.  That does not mean the one you might buy will work for a
decade or two or drop dead tomorrow.

I agree with Cecil and would pay the price he suggested if I tried the radio
out and found it in good shape.

Richard
WB6LUJ