Re: [Yaesu] Some Yaesu FT1000MP MK5 questions

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] Some Yaesu FT1000MP MK5 questions
From: WX4US <wx4us@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 22:17:05 -0600
I owned a Mk5 for more than 15 years.  My only failure was the power supply.  I replaced it with an Astron 13.8v & 28v PS. The receive section runs on 13.8vdc and the the transmitter uses 30vdc.   I did not notice any issues with the loss of 2 vdc. Possibly my max wattage suffered a little but I rarely ran more than 40-50 watts into a AL-1500, so if I could only put out a maximum of 180 watts instead of 200, it didn't matter.  Now I did run an FTV-1000 and instead of 200w I would see more like 175-180 max on 6 meters. Small problem.  The Mk5 is a fantastic radio.

73,

Fred - WX4US