[AMPS] SB-220 IMPROVEMENTS

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-220 IMPROVEMENTS
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 18:06:51 EST
Nag..Nag...Tom!

The SB-229 prototype is already running. 160-10M; all 9 bands at 1200W
out. The problem is getting the new bandswitch and some other components
that are very expensive. I'm shopping around in Europe and would love to
find the Alpha 91b switch supplier. I was hoping to target the kit at
$295 but it will probably be $395 unless I can get costs down.

I need off-shore suppliers of:

- Band switch
- RF rated HV fixed capacitors
- HV variable capacitors

Also need someone to mold a fiberglass form similar (but a bit larger) to
the SB-220; or obtain a ceramic one at a good price similar to the
LK-500/800 series.

About 50 initial orders!

Also planned:
- A new HV,bias, filter board all one piece to free up some chassis
space.
- A replacement heavy duty xfmr that will drop in place...I've been
selling this as an    external xfmr for 11 years.

Any leads, suggestions, etc always appreciated.

73....Carl  KM1H