[AMPS] TS940S CONNECTION TO HEATHKIT SB200 LINEAR

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] TS940S CONNECTION TO HEATHKIT SB200 LINEAR
From: n2tk@idsi.net (Tony Kazmakites)
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 13:46:16 -0400
For years I have been taking the 12v "transmit out" signal from the back of
Kenwood and Icom radios . I have a voltage divider set up with a 10k and
100k resistor to ground. I tap off of the 100k resistor and drive the gate
of a power MOSFET. The MOSFET pulls to ground the relay line in the amp.
It's cheap, it's quiet, it isolates the amp from the transceiver, and it's
much quicker than the internal relay. Been using it to key my 78 in full QSK
for years without loss of a vacuum relay yet. Tnx to W2VJN for the original
idea.

Tony
N2TK