Re: [Amps] R. MEASURES PRAYERS ANSWERED

Subject: Re: [Amps] R. MEASURES PRAYERS ANSWERED
From: "W7RY" <w7ry@centurytel.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 10:57:45 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Gudguyham@aol.com [mailto:Gudguyham@aol.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 03, 2006 10:55 AM
To: w7ry@centurytel.net
Cc: amps@contesting.com

In a message dated 6/3/2006 1:49:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
w7ry@centurytel.net writes:
The main issue with SB-220 band switches is because of the front panel
layout, the band switch gets turned instead of the loading control when
in tune-up mode.

YES THIS COULD BE A PROBLEM, BUT THAT DOES NOT ACCOUNT FOR THE 10 METER
AND 15 METER CONTACTS BEING BLOWN AWAY.

Illogical statement.

The very late SB-220s and HL-2200s had longer tune caps. Or Heathkit
made them available on a replacement basis. I have seen several SB-220s
with them.
OF THE DOZENS I HAVE SEEN INCLUDING HL-2200'S THIS WAS NOT THE CASE
ALTHOUGH I NEVER TOOK MEASUREMENTS MY FEELING IS THEY WERE ALL THE SAME.

I don't "feel" the same way.

73 LOU

73
Jim W7RY