Re: [Amps] Future of higher power transmitting tubes..............

To: Randy.Randall@healthall.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Future of higher power transmitting tubes..............
From: Lee Buller <k0wa@swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 09:32:53 -0700 (PDT)
This is the same question I have.  Looking around the internet and reading as
much as possible about the supply of tubes and price increases....I think the
solid state amp is going to meet the price point and take over for "bottles."
IMHO!

I plan to treat my 3-500Zs with great respect and make them last 10 or so years
if I can.

Other than that...I am not sure what the answer is...except to save your money
for SS amps.  IMHO

Also, the Chinese might get into make HP SS devices which could drive the price
of SS amps down.  But, in this day and age, I am keeping a close watch on my
wallet.

Lee - K0WA

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't
have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find
any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is
Common Sense divine?