Re: [Amps] preserving tubes

To: "Jim W7RY" <w7ry@centurytel.net>, "Roger \(K8RI\)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] preserving tubes
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 12:47:42 -0400
There is a huge difference between outgassing internally or developing a seal leak. Outgassing can often be corrected in an oxide cathode tube by running just the filament for 24 hours.
Way too many on here and elsewhere combine it all into simply "its gassy"

OTOH the original 4X150A, which has glass between anode and screen ring and at the base, is still putting out 125W of nice AM from my Clegg Zeus.

There was also an intrim version which had ceramic above but still a glass base as it morphed into the 4X250B and then the 4CX250B.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim W7RY" <w7ry@centurytel.net>