Re: [Amps] Alpha 87A Won't Transmit

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 87A Won't Transmit
From: Chris Wilson <chris@chriswilson.tv>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 15:06:34 +0100

Hello Amps,

 Thursday, April 8, 2021

 I agree entirely, I am active on LF at 137kHz and had a whale of a time
tracking down an SWR issue. it turned out two UHF connectors didn't like a
kilowatt of LF through them. I spent ages on it until I used my AIM4170
analyser to do a TDR and it showed exactly where the issues were. I am now
slowly changing out all UHF Chinese junk to branded N types and have had no
issues with them, save damage to my wallet and time...

I guess the old adage "you get what you pay for" is evident in my case.

Best regards,
 Chris    2E0ILY       mailto:chris@chriswilson.tv

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/a-rogues-gallery-of-panel-mount-uhf-jacks.735574/