Re: [Amps] High Voltage Switching Supply (Bob D.)

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] High Voltage Switching Supply (Bob D.)
From: "Bob D." <ajamas.rn@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 07:22:11 -0500
OM Pete & amps,

Someone posted a question about switching supplies for amps. One of the
replies mentioned microwave oven supplies without much information. I have
one of these supplies and am looking into using it. I posted a link to a
patent for the supplies as well as for two videos about the supplies
describing how they can be activated outside the oven and how they can be
converted to provide B+.

The supply I have is from an oven marked 1500W. The cooking power rating is
1300W which is consistent with ~80% efficiency for a cooking magnetron.

Why might someone on amps be interested? It's a 1300 W power supply for
$60.

For me? ~2.2kV at 500+mA might be useful for the 6m GI-7 amp I'm slowly
assembling. I'm not an EE and am trying to figure out if it's possible to
convert the  Panasonic oven supply to a constant voltage supply with
adequate regulation for a tube.valve PA.

I apologize for the html only post. It was a link to a patent for the
microwave oven SMPS.

73, -bob

Message: 6