Re: [CQ-Contest] Log checking questions

To: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Log checking questions
From: "Tom McAlee" <tom@klient.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 10:18:16 -0500
If you would like examples of casual ops in the Stew Perry contest, I am one
of them.  I made about 30 contacts or so.

I was well aware of the rules.  However, I was not submitting a log.  The
contest rules do not apply to me, and I only care about them insofar as
knowing what the exchange is I need to send.

Top band is new to me, so every other contact is a "new one".  So, I got on
with the primary purpose of working some top band dx.  I used other people's
packet spots to help me find dx.  In return, when I found a dx station that
had not been spotted lately, I spotted him to help out those who may be
doing the same things as me.

Why?  Because that is how I wanted to define fun this weekend.  Running
hundreds of USA stations just didn't sound like fun, even though my station
is capable.

There are people who have 160m antennas, some even half decent ones, who may
even know the rules, yet still choose to participate casually in the
contest.

73,
Tom, NI1N