RFI

[RFI] AM Station Overload - N5KM

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] AM Station Overload - N5KM
From: Maurizio Panicara" <i4jmy@iol.it (Maurizio Panicara)
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 23:47:25 +0100

> I'd put a trap across the antenna line tuned to the AM station. This is a
> series coil and capacitor, one variable so you can tune it. It will be
very
> sharp and cut out the AM without affecting your 80 meter operation. --
> Jack, K6NY, Palomar Engineers

Coil and capacitor must be adequate (isolation and Q) to the used power at
3.5 MHz to avoid arcings or detuning because of heating when transmitting.
Also the ratio of C and L should be chosen that way the tuning is not
critical and that any thermal variations doesn't make the trap tuned off the
interfering signal.
Unless the AM station is just on the high edge of MW, an high pass filter
could be also a stable solution.

73,
Mauri I4JMY

--