RFI

[RFI] Apartment RFI problem

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Apartment RFI problem
From: NZ8C@aol.com (NZ8C@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 02:09:55 EST
Hello all!
I am hoping someone here can help us out. My husband and I are both hams.
Currently we are running an Icom 756Pro into either a random wire or a
vertical, depending on the band. We live in a 3rd floor apartment which is
the top floor in this building. The antennas are up on the roof. Because of
our location grounding is a problem. We seem to have problems using the
longwire on 40 and 80 meters as we are getting into phones and TVs. On
10/15/20 meters using the vertical we get into AM radios and phones. Is there
anything we can do or filters we can buy that can help eliminate these
problems?
73,
Renee

--