RFI

[RFI] Apartment RFI problem

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Apartment RFI problem
From: Robie Elms <aj4f@swbell.net> (Robie Elms)
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 05:46:21 -0600
Renee,

I found that a lot of RFI is caused by RF currents flowing in AC power
system of my house.  These currents apparently came from current induced (or
coupled) into the shield of the coaxial feed line from my antenna.  I
installed a choke type balun at the antenna and a AC line filter at my
transmitter.  This elininated the problem.  The balun that I used came from
the Wireman , http://www.thewireman.com/ , in South Carolina and the filter
from ICE (Industrial Communications Engineers)    http://www.inducomm.net/ .

The ARRL has a good book on RFI - The ARRL RFI Book.

I hope this information gives you some assistance.  Please let me know if
you have specific questions.

73,

Robie - AJ4F