RFI

[RFI] Cable Modem Interference

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Cable Modem Interference
From: wb3fsr@home.com (Peter D. Vouvounas)
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 10:55:44 -0500
Well the verdict is in!!!

Just hooked up sensor loop to the spectrum analyzer and started to sniff
around the shack.

WOW no other words can describe the noise coming out of the cable modem
poser supply.

-50dbm starting from 50Khz and doesn't drop until I hit about 45 MHz above
this freq. it's about -105dbm

If Comcast wasn't coming out tomorrow with a new modem I'd be hacking the
end off this sticking power supply this minute.

Thanks Phil!!!!

73

PeterV [REN] WB3FSR

p.s. If anyone would like I can try and take a few digital pic's ....

BTW Look out if you have a Motorola Cybersurfer modem in your home.