RFI

[RFI] Noise gone but don't know why

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Noise gone but don't know why
From: k5uj@hotmail.com (Rob Atkinson, K5UJ)
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 16:38:52 +0000
The noise is gradually returning.  Now it is in the form of a 3-4 second
buildup to peak (S7), then cutoff.  This repeats every 23 seconds and began
with slightly cooler wx.  A city electrical dept. guy called me to say they
couldn't find anything amiss (they looked when it was hot and no noise was
generated) but they did find on some poles a lack of what he called "radio
free insulators."  He said he installed these where they should have been
all along.  I doubt if they will make a difference.  I called to thank him
for looking around and to tell him we are going to have to wait until the
noise is back and constant to make it easier to find.

I am looking at a web page www.NationalRF.com for National RF who makes a
variety of pistol grip DF instruments & wondering if one of these would be
useful for power line noise.

Rob
K5UJ