RFI

[RFI] re: BPL

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] re: BPL
From: n4zr at contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Fri Jun 6 07:50:09 2003
At 10:05 PM 6/5/03 -0400, David Jordan wrote:
>If they can't make it work in japan it's not going to work here...however,
>the companies have a right to try it and the gov. can't do much more than
>watch them fail at it...no one here in DC thinks this mode is going to
>fly...the competition (cable, Satellite, DSL, ISDN, T1, POTS dial-up,
>wireless 3G, etc.)has a pretty good lock on the market!

Hopefully, the same NTIA that has forced the ridiculous 60-meter band
restrictions for amateurs, because it wants to protect government HF
frequencies, and which is not supporting 40-meter band revisions for the
same reasons, will rear up and forcefully oppose BPL.  I just don't see any
system that uses power lines not being a major source of interference for
anyone else who uses HF.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated 9 May 03.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm