RFI

[RFI] re: BPL

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] re: BPL
From: w7ti at ispwest.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Fri Jun 6 22:51:48 2003
On Fri, 6 Jun 2003 19:37:50 -0700, "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
wrote:

>what happens when I key up with 1500 watts into
>a TH7DX for a 2 minute RTTY transmission when my antenna is 100
>feet from an overhead powerline. Will their analog front-ends have
>sufficient dynamic range to lock to a signal with a power spectral density
>or -100dBm/Hz in the presence of 15KW EIRP signal 100 feet away?

Pretty scary scenario.  On the other hand, it's not likely your
neighbor will connect his momentary dropouts with your transmitter.
He'll probably blame his ISP.  If you're using an intermittent mode
like CW or SSB, he would probably not even notice except for some
slowing of data transfer.  I hope.  :-)

Bill, W7TI