RFI

[RFI] Computer RFI problem

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Computer RFI problem
From: ka5s@earthlink.net (Cortland Richmond)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 11:9:33 -0700
Check out the drawing at

http://www.cableone.net/ctj92/index.html?row1col2=r7.html

Did you keep the "radials" away from the coax" Coupling from the
coax to that point can couple noise on the coax into the
antenna.  The impedance at the radials is highest (and coupling
is easiest) on 20 meters.

The WORST case is if you grounded those "radials." As you can see
from the diagram, that shorts out the built-in choke balun.

See my previous message for why this is bad thing to do.

Cortland