RFI

Re: [RFI] TVI

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] TVI
From: "N6KJ" <kelly@thejohnsons.ws>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 15:39:12 -0800 (PST)
I have a Panamax strip myself.  Combined with about 8 turns around a
mix 77 toroid and another mix 77 toroid on my satellite dish feed I have
eliminated the TVI I was getting whenever I operated 40m or 80m.

Question - One of my neighbors just informed me that he is getting TVI
from me.  He says he can hear me even when the TV is off.  I'm only
running 100W and his house is across the street and thus at least 200
feet away from my antenna.  I want to recommend a power strip and give him a
couple of toroids.  How do I tell a "good" power strip from a "bad" one?  Can I
just "ohm it out" to see if the everything inside is grounded to the AC common
ground pin?  Is this a valid approach in this case?  If not, can someone
recommend a power strip that is commonly available in the usual retail outlets
that they KNOW is properly grounded?