RFI

[RFI] Re: [CTDXCC] Power line council comments on BPL

To: wa4pgm@kinex.net,Central Texas DX and Contest Club <ctdxcc@kkn.net>,rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Re: [CTDXCC] Power line council comments on BPL
From: Skip Cameron <scameron@austin.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 16:29:00 -0500
I think Amateurs should inundate the UTC and UPLC and copy the FCC and
Congressmen and
Bush Administration's email boxes with something like this:
------------
Shame on you for slandering the technically astute and scientific pioneering
members of
the Amateur Radio Service with this comment to the FCC per your release on June
22: "UPLC
also commented on amateur radio opposition to the technology, urging the
Commission to
ignore "armchair amateurs that still use vacuum tube transmitters" and listen
to the
reputable companies and entrepreneurs who are the real experts on BPL." You
should be
embracing this huge community of technical experts who come from all walks of
life and
many of whom are technology pioneers and entrepreneurs responsible for much of
the
technologies we enjoy in our everyday lives. You should listen intently and
heed their
inputs, because I have found no more honest, caring, helpful, genuine, and
straightforward
tell-it-like-it-is people anywhere on the planet.

Shame on you for ignoring the laws of radio frequency energy propagation.

Shame on you for attempting to hoodwink the American public and politicians
into believing
that an RF signal transmitted on an unbalanced, unshielded wire in the sky will
not
radiate and cause harmful interference to essential radio services such as EMS,
Fire,
Police, Homeland Security, Weather, FAA, and the Amateur Radio Service.

Shame on you for promoting the next big corporate fiasco, which could easily
exceed the
electric power trading scandal when BPL collapses on itself for lack of market
success and
from harmful interference..

Shame on you for ignoring market analysis which clearly shows that BPL is not
and will
never be economical and cost effective and competitive in the face of wireless,
fiber and
coaxial systems.

Shame on you for steering your member companies, their boards and investors
away from core
competencies in delivering reliable power at reasonable cost to the public.

Get a grip on reality.
Quit pouring chocolate syrup on elephant dung.
Quit being all hat and no cattle.
Get back to basics.
Stick to your core competencies.
Throw BPL into the junk heap of bad ideas.
Forget about it.

Put your energies into developing non-petroleum energy sources and improving
generating
and transmission efficiencies and costs for your investors and customers.
That's what I am going to do.
Send your comments and suggestions direct to me at scameron@austin.rr.com
Skip W5GAI