RFI

RE: [RFI] Power Line Noise in Indonesia

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RFI] Power Line Noise in Indonesia
From: "Hare,Ed, W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 12:44:44 -0400
The BPL modeling I have done couples energy onto the power lines in the same
fashion as a sparking insulator. In this case, it appears that the horizontal
wiring and the vertical ground wires both contribute to the emissions.

There is also a vertical component caused by the E field gradient at the wire
vs the lower E field present near the ground.

Ed Hare, W1RFI
ARRL Laboratory Manager
225 Main St
Newington, CT 06013
Tel: 860-594-0318
Internet: W1RFI@arrl.org
Web: http://www.arrl.org/tis
Member: ASC C63 EMC Committee
   Chairman: Subcommittee 5, Immunity
   Chairman: Ad hoc BPL Working Group
Member: IEEE SCC-28 RF Safety
Member: Society of Automotive Engineers EMC/EMR Committee
Member: IEEE