RFI

[RFI] Phone call from congressman's office re: BPL

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Phone call from congressman's office re: BPL
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 13:25:34 -0700 (PDT)
Some months ago, I fired off an anti-BPL letter to my
congressman.  Today, I got a call from one of his staffers
asking what the congressman can do to help (given that there
is no bill to vote for).  I am thinking that I should ask
that the congressman write a letter to the FCC.  I have seen
other such letters posted here.  I am looking for suggestions
as to what I should ask the congressman to say to the FCC
and who he should write to there.  So far, I have thought
of asking to have BPL RFI complaints acted upon, instead of shunted
to another department.  I was also thinking of bringing up
the recent complaint that was acted upon unsatisfactorily,
as detailed on the ARRL web site.  I am also wondering if
it appropriate to suggest that he recommend that the FCC
de-emphasize BPL and instead push Wi-Fi/Wi-Max.

Any help for this political novice would be appreciated.

Rick N6RK