RFI

Re: Re: [RFI] 160 Meter Interference

To: <wx5l@charter.net>, <martin@aa6e.net>,"Jim Miller" <JimMiller@STL-Online.Net>,"Bill Gaines" <gaines@wcoil.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Re: [RFI] 160 Meter Interference
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 13:52:07 -0400
> I realize that his concern is 160 but I'm sure he if
looked on 20 meters he would find those pesky carriers as
well. I should have noted that in my message.

That is a good suggestion because on 160 or 80 things can be
conducted a long distance along power lines, often for many
miles.

On low bands peaks and nulls caused by standing waves and
other effects appear along  power lines at fractional
wavelength intervals, so it is easy to be misled into
thinking you passed a source when you didn't.

The only exception to this is BPL. It's immune to ill
effects that cause problems with radiation at a distance.

73 Tom