RFI

Re: [RFI] NOISE GADGETS

To: "RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] NOISE GADGETS
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 22:36:12 -0600
You have encountered an example of what my friend Bill Whitlock
(www.jensentransformers.com) calls "audio jewelry."  It is sold to gullible
"audiofools" (the mis-spelling is intentional) with a load of pseudoscience to
make them believe that they are somehow improving the quality of their
sound system. Nothing could be further from the truth, and the only benefit to
any of these products is to improve the bank balance of the people who sell
them. "Balanced power" is another example of audio jewelry. I wouldn't
expect any of these products to offer any real value. If you want a line
filter,
there are lots of real ones to buy (Corcom, etc), and they are far less
expensive.

Bil Whitlock is not a ham, but he is a damn good engineer and his company
makes what most folks in the pro audio world believe are the finest audio
transformers in the world. Bill is a member of the AES Standards
Committee's working group on EMC (of which I am vice-chair).  We have co-
written papers together and taught EMC seminars together.

BTW -- if you want REAL power conditioning, look at www.surgex.com.
These folks are also "for real."  They sell their products primarily to the pro
audio industry.  I have seven in my home -- two for my ham shack, one for my
office computer gear, one for my wife's computer gear, one for my wife's
fancy computerized sewing machine, and two on my audio/video system.

Jim Sorenson, a contract/consulting broadcast engineer who is a member of
the SynAudCon list, began using them several years ago and also swears by
them. My two UPS units (one for my computer rig, one for my wife's) are
plugged into them.

Jim Brown  K9YC
http://audiosystemsgroup.com

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 19:34:05 -0800, Mark - AA6DX wrote:

>I bumped into this URL while researching a local company that is a dealer
for these products .... anybody had any dealings or knowledge of these RFI /
Noize tools?  73 ... Mark AA6DX